torsdag 7 augusti 2008

Singing in the Rain

There's a thunder storm outside and a tornado upstate. I'll never get used to the phrase "Tornado watch" on the TV screen. I've really gotten the entire spectra of weather this trip. I love the weather changes both in NYC and in Michigan. They're so much more dramatic than in Sweden. The sky goes green, the rain is flooding the streets, the snow stops life, and the sun is hot hot hot. Thus not mediocre as in little Sweden, where the weather just is "lagom" as everything conveniently in the northern parts of Europe.

I also love the fact that rain makes my grandma want to order in instead of going out. So we pulled out the delivery menues from her "Delivery folder", I got to pick a place (which took forever) and I got to answer the door as the delivery guy came by with my amazing dinner of octupus salad, hummus and turkish bread. (My promise not to eat bread other than samples at così during this trip is hence broken..) Could it get more New York?! Well, yeah, because the SYTYCD finals were on tonight, and grandma had fresh giant blueberries and fat free whipped cream in a can in her fridge. I'll say no more!

I feel for the poor delivery guys on their bikes, the door men that have to shovel the water off the stoops and all the late night workers on their way home from work. I decided today, that if there's rain tomorrow, I'm allowed to buy myself a pair of striped rubber boots. I've always wanted a pair, and I think I decided to buy a pair about every time it rained last year. But I never got to it. This time however, I'm already waaay over my spending limit, so I might as well just keep going. Right?

Tomorrow will be about dance, good byes and of course food. Now I'm going to watch an episode of Sex and the City and listen to the titter tatter from the rain agains my window pane. Life is pretty close to perfection.

Inga kommentarer: