tisdag 5 augusti 2008

An ordinary New York morning

Well here I am in my grandma’s office on 77th street in New York City. I’m inside for a while seeking shelter form the smoldering heat and humidity that’s enveloping the city today. I’ve decided to stay in just long enough to post something little on my blog, and then I’m off running errands for Swedish people.

Last night I was rocked to sleep to by the well-known sounds of New York again. Police cars and NYFD trucks driving outside, the door men’s conversations in the hall, late night deliveries for the other tenants in the building and people speaking all the languages of the world. Wonderful!

I fell asleep content after a scrumptious dinner at a very cute and homey restaurant called Scaletta. Scaletta was the first nicer dinner place I went to in the city as it’s my grandmother’s favorite and just a couple of yards down the street from where she lives. I had my usual; “Green bean salad” for starters, scallops for main course and then a cappuccino and biscotti for dessert. And of course, the mandatory and complimentary after dinner drink “Tia Maria”, without breaking the law for the first time..! I didn’t finish mine this time since I was heavily dehydrated from the flights, but it sure was good. I got to say hi to all my “friends” at the restaurant who were flirting with me and my grandma as usual.


This morning, after sleeping for a long time, I went out for a morning stroll in Central Park that actually turned into a morning jog. Yeah, that’s sensational because I NEVER jog. But I gurss I felt so inspired by all the runners around me that I just had to do it myself. On my way out I met my favorite door man who immediately recognized me and gave me a big smile and a big hug. I love this building!
After that, I went up to “Lenny’s” - your ultimate New York place on Columbus Avenue. Narrow, loud, crowded and smelling of fresh brewed coffee. Lenny’s has everything you need in the morning. Coffee, eggs, yoghurt, scones, millions of muffins AND H&H whole wheat bagles, toasted and smeared with an excess of low fat cream cheese. It was unusually quite and calm this morning, showing that many true New Yorkers are out of town this month.

I bought breakfast for grandma and me, went up to her apartment and we had a long chat about everything between here and heaven. What a wonderful morning!


Now I’ve been out shopping for a couple of hours. I’ve bought a nice jacket like thing at my favorite store here, Armani Xchange. It was on sale which I liked since the store in general is a little too expensive for a student without any money whatsoever. But one piece of clothing that was on sale has to be OK right?!

Now it’s time for some of God’s greatest gift to mankind – Tasti.D.Lite. See you later!

Inga kommentarer: