söndag 31 augusti 2008

In Uppsala

With an aching body I'm now stationed in my little room in Uppsala. It actually looks quite nice here, and I wish I didn't have to move out in 6 months. But, at least I'm here now, and I'll figure out the rest later.


My old apartment half an hour before the carrying started

It took me a while to get my internet connection to function, although it wasn't really the internet's fault - it was me who tried to get online by using a phone cable and not a LAN cable. I'm very grateful for entering med-school and not a technology program..!


All my stuff where it ended up after the carrying

I couldn't believe how much stuff I had in my tiny apartment in Stockholm, and what else is that I can't believe it's all in here now! Well, almost all of it. But it looks like a home at least! Not too crowded, but definitely not just like a room either.

My mother spoiled me rotten yesterday and filled up the fridge and the cabinets to the bursting limits! I have fruit for weeks, and fresh chicken, and sauces, and vegetables and bulgur and cous cous and everything that I'd never ever buy for myself. I won't need to go shopping for groceries in months.


Here's the result!

We also brought my toaster, water boiler and a microwave into my room. That way I won't need to go out in the joint kitchen to cook if I don't want to. It looks nicer today though. Somebody must've cleaned it yesterday. But it still is nice to have the option of staying in here. There may come a day when I'm sick or just too tired to get properly dressed. And then I can use all of these appliances. It really doesn't seem like people hang out in the kitchen here a lot anyways.

Well, I've decided to go to the gym at 2pm to check it out, and after that I guess I'll go home and try to print some pictures. My frames only have really old ones and I want to update! I also need to find the garbage room and the laundry room because my mother and I didn't manage to yesterday.
And then tomorrow is THE DAY! I can't believe it's already here and happening! It's too great to be true!


My window - The fruit aisle!

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Hej! Lycka till i morgon! Puss

Jen sa...

It looks lovely. Wish I had pics of my old dorm room... you'd laugh. It was yellow cement brick with turquoise tinted windows that didn't open (they were supposed to - they just didn't) and it was 9'X12' and there were two of us living in it.

Needless to say, no kitchen, appliances, etc.

I guess today you're out starting classes/orientation, etc. CONGRATS!!!