tisdag 19 augusti 2008

The crayfish party madness

It's august which in Sweden is what indicates that it's time for the annual crayfish party. I've written about that before so I'm not going to speak too much about it. Suffice it to say that it encompasses a whole lot of disgusting alcoholic beverages, red crustations and drinking songs.

Well, this year my friend Sandra and I took it upon us to arrange this annual feast. It started out great. Our favorite people could all make it, and we could use my family's cottage as the venue. Perfect.

Until Sandra messaged me during my USA trip and said that she'd have to work the day after. I cancelled the event thinking that most of the people were Sandra's friends, and I just didn't want to do it all alone. It took about three days for some other people to send me angry messages on facebook saying that the crayfish party had to take place anyways.

So it was back on. And I planned, and my dad planned, and we counted chairs, and beds, and tables etc. 15 people were attending and it was going to be great fun. Everybody was assigned their part of the shopping that needed to be done and I knew it would be OK.

BUT.

Now we're down to 7 guests. And none of my girlfriends can make it as of today. Yes! The changed their minds the day before! Thank you friends.. And amongst the people who'll actually be there we have "history" which is not comfortable at all, and another person who's hurt me a lot in the past. And I can't leave. Cause it's my cottage. And I'm responsible for all that happens. My only comfort is that I know where I can hide if there'll be a need to.

Pray with me that this won't be too bad. It won't be fun, but I'd like to at least survive! Now I need to look over my economy. I'm going on a "spontaneous" trip (that's our name for it) in October with my friend Emma!

1 kommentar:

Jen sa...

I hope it will surprise you and go well anyway!

I don't even want to think who the history person might be.

And where will the spontaneous trip be? That sounds like great fun!