torsdag 28 augusti 2008

Chocolate..

...seems to be what calms my nerves right now. I don't know about you, but when I'm nervous about something, I usually eat more. When I'm really stressed out or sad, I tend to eat less. I suppose I'm nervous right now, because seriously I'm eating waay too much. But I figure it's OK, since it's my last week of "nothing to do" and no school in at least 5,5 years.

I also suppose it's OK, because the kitchen in the hall I'll be living in is about the grossest thing I ever saw. So I'll most definitely never cook any elaborate meals while living there. I'm bringing my own toaster and water boiler to keep in my room. That way I can make noodles and toast and soup without having to leave my room.

I was realizing today, that I haven't lived for real in any place longer than 6 months since I graduated from high-school. And next year will be no exception since I can only sublet this room for a semester.

I went up to Uppsala today (didn't get lost!) to drop off one big suitcase, pay the membership fee for the student union, become a member of "Östgöta nation" and get a gym card. I figured the sooner I get a gym card the better, because if there's something that can ease my mind, it's an hour in spinning class or something similar. I've been to the gym every day this week, and 5 days last week and it's keeping me focused, energized and calm. I wish it could make me lose the "summer pounds" as well, but as usual, exercise won't do that to my body. Eating less will though, hopefully, and I suppose that will happen naturally once school starts.

I met some people in my hall and they seemed nice. It also seems to be a fairly calm corridor which I judge is good. Parties, yes please, but not in my hall! I like to have the option not to be surrounded by drunk people and loud music. I leave that for Östgöta nation! I'm so excited about the student life in Uppsala!

Tomorrow I'll have to do EVERYTHING that's left to do. And hopefully we'll party it up for real tomorrow night, because it's my last night as an actual resident of the Swedish capital for at least 5,5 years!

1 kommentar:

Jen sa...

Was the "nation" the one you wanted?