onsdag 7 november 2007

Sleeping Beauty

For a while now I haven't been sleeping for one reason or another. Either I have been doing something at night that doesn't encompass sleeping, or I've just been unable to fall asleep because my thoughts have started to spinn around in my head and treatened to kill me.

But last night I slept. And it was the nicest sleep ever. I slept through my parents morning routines, I slept through the start of the horrible construction workers downstairs who seem to have forgotten that people sometimes sleep longer than 7.30 and that they shouldn't start working until 8. I slept through the rain pattering on my window and I slept through the evil kids outside stealing the front light of my bike and smearing gum on my hand break. (yes, they do things like that in Sweden, too)

But when I woke up I felt like I could get up. I didn't have to close my eyes one extra time and just sleep a liiittle longer because I didn't need to. I maybe stayed in bed a little longer because I'm some what trying to avert having to start learning about the immune systems all tiny little components and the Acid-Base balance and worst of all the Salt-Water balance. I know we need to maintain homeostasis, can't that be enough?

However, the power of sleep is immense. And people my age tend to forget that. I mean, I know that I'm not feeling so well if I have less than 6 hrs. of sleep, but sometimes it's like my body and my brain don't co-operate.

This weekend is one I've looked forward to for a long time. So I'd better be rested, because I have a feeling, my 8 or more hours aren't going to happen that much..

1 kommentar:

Jen sa...

I'm glad you got some good sleep! And I'm sorry I haven't seen these posts... I need to subscribe or something. I was checking until just a few days ago.