måndag 12 november 2007

Just once...

I have always wanted to live my life on stage in one way or another. I've tried it all, singing, dancing, acting, and well, I'm mediocre at all of those things, but nowhere close to actually doing it. For real I mean. In front of people who've paied to look at me. But wouldn't it be nice, to just once...

One time before I give it all up get to stand there in the lime light. Feel how the spotlight blinds me, and puts a shield between me and my audience. Wear that costume, be all pretty and stylish and look like I belong there. And then, hear the pianist strike a chord and know that, this is my cue. Now is the time. Feel me cheeks flush a bit, the tingling sensation in the pit of my stomach. The rush of knowing that I know this. I can do this. I can do this well. And I will baffle them, I'll make an amazing show out of this. And people will talk about it forever and I will rest peacefully at night.

Inga kommentarer: