söndag 11 november 2007

A luxurious Sunday morning

I woke up yesterday without an ounze of stress in my body. Beside me was the most precious person in the world to me, still sleeping like a baby although the time was way past adult sleeping time. I got to wake him up by stroking his back, without him having a reason to get angry because it was already 11.30 - What a luxury.

We stayed in bed for a while and talked and talked and talked about how we can't give up, how we can't fight and how much he loves my cheeks and how much I love his arms. And how I have to book my tickets fast so we know for sure we'll be together again, soon. I felt loved, I felt beautiful, I felt wanted - what a luxury.

His brother opened the door and whiffed in the marvelous smell of saffron scones to the room. He said they would be ready in only five minutes, and there would be tea and marmelade and honey - What a luxury.

We went downstairs, and were greated by his mother who'd set the table with lit candles for all of us. Just to sit down, relax, eat the amazing scones (the best ones I've had I believe) and hold hands with my love and give him the occasional kiss on the cheek, and get one occasionally on the forhead - What a luxury.

Then, we looked out the window, and big, beautiful, white flakes were dancing outside of it, creating a lace-like pattern on the yet too warm ground. Classical music on the stereo accompanied them as they pirouetted around for us and made us think of Christmas - what a luxury.
To have a day like that, when nothing has to be done. When you just feel like you're welcomed, you're wanted and you're loved. To wake up knowing that you are meant to be on this earth because otherwise, this other human being next to you shouldn't be there either. To feel like you can conquer every obstacle on your chosen path, no matter how hard all of those things feel when you're alone and think of them. To know that on this very day, nothing can harm you. What a Luxury.

1 kommentar:

anno sa...

This sounds like the best of luxuries. After the stresses you've described from this autumn, I think you deserve it.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and for your kind comments. I remember you as a beautiful, talented, and kind young woman. It was good to hear from you again.

(BTW, French ended because 1) I can't speak it; m. needed more of a French-speaking community than I could offer; it wasn't offered in the schools; etc. We're doing German now because it's something I can do; and I insist that she learns a foreign language.)