lördag 26 juli 2008

A summer's night




This week one of my absolute best friends came back to Sweden after quite a while abroad. We decided to celebrate that by a small gathering at her house outside of Stockholm. According to me, this became the ultimate summer night.

First of all, we were all close friends who've hung out together since high-school. I felt more relaxed and more like myself than I've done in a while, and that was a fantastic sensation that I'd almost forgotten about.

Anyways, we sat in her garden as the sun set. Had a simple dinner of pasta salad and broccoli, some wine and diet coke. (As that's S's and my favorite drink) Chatted away, discussed old times, old music, new times, new music, future times.

Later, after a few more glasses of wine. We went down to the lake close to her house, took a ridiculous amount of stupid pictures and topped it all of by skinny dipping in the almost luke warm water.

Then, back in her house, we rummaged around in the very back of the cabinets to find crackers and cookies, made tea, snuggled up all together on the couch to watch Alladin. Just like a bunch of 7-year-olds.

And I smiled all the way to work the next day, although the rest of the party was still sleeping, the sun was shining, and that I have a million obligations coming up fairly soon. Friends really are why we live.

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...
Den här kommentaren har tagits bort av bloggadministratören.
Anonym sa...
Den här kommentaren har tagits bort av bloggadministratören.