onsdag 26 september 2007

I'm finally going down to see my man down in the south of Sweden. Hence I had to get involved, yet again, in the quest for the cheapest tickets there. Well, actually just tickets. Because since I know that the airport is far from where he lives, flying there would just be insane. So I went for train tickets. And that's when I started to think. They promote trains as the "greener" way to travel. More people fit in the train than on that tiny airplane that usually takes you to Skåne, and yet, it's so mch more expensive. It costs me almost ten times as much to take the train down there that to fly to London and back.. I think it's bizarre.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to going with the train. I haven't since I was in China in 2002, and I have a small feeling this is a little cleaner (well, I hope at least) and less noisy.. But I suppose you never know. I don't think I'll sleep all that much having that problem of mine with more than one person in the same room. But, whatever. It'll be an experience.

1 kommentar:

Jen sa...

I'm glad you're finally going to be able to see C.! YEAH! And that's so strange that the train tickets are so much more expensive - Europe used to just RUN on reasonable trains.

You'll understand about the book tour better if you drop by today. It really just means an interview with the author, but many authors are doing this these days.