fredag 21 september 2007

For a family

Being away.
Usually, it's just an everyday thing, you adapt to it, just as our sensory neurons adapt to cold and heat. But sometimes I guess, it's harder than that. Sometimes the routines and habituary things just get thrown off their norm, and not being there is physically painful.

Of course, it would be nice to be there for birthdays, for acheivments in school, at work. For random little peaks that can only be experienced in the very moment occure. Something to keep building relatioships on. It can be hard to only exist through memories.

But those small things aren't what bothers me today. It's the big things. It's the things that make you crawl out of your skin when you hear of them. And that's when not being able to give a hug to a person you love, is so frustrating, it's almost painful.

So, in lack of other things to do; here's a list what I wish I could to for a family that I love tremendously this week.

1. Make dinner. Three courses, well, four because FB wouldn't want to eat what I'm cooking for the rest of us.
2. Take a walk with M, if only around the block.
3. Take FB to the movies on a Saturday so that M and D could have some time alone.
4. Take M out for a girls' night with mojitos.
5. Suprise them all with the house being cleaned when they come homefrom their various activities.
6. Give them all 1 million hugs and tell them to their faces that I love them.

It's the best I can do...

1 kommentar:

Jen sa...

How did I miss this?? HUGE big hugs to you!!! We feel the same. And you're on for that mojitos night!

And let's drag V with you and she can give us all a concert. ;-)

Love you!!!