måndag 22 juni 2009

The quest for spinning classes

A day off.
What do I do with a whole day off with nothing planned? The sun’s been shining, which makes me hope that the weather people finally understood that we’re in fact approaching July and not October.
Because the last three weeks has involved a lot of candy and ice cream and cake eating, I felt I needed to at least get to the gym. When I moved back from Uppsala for the summer I froze my gym card so that I wouldn’t need to pay for it during the summer. My plan was to just stay healthy and go for walks, do sit-ups and push-ups at home for the time spent in Stockholm, and then get back on track with my spinning and weight training once I got back to Uppsala. Well now that didn’t happen. I went crazy after about a week of walks and sit-ups and I started looking into the alternatives I had for getting some type of training during the summer. Since Stockholm isn’t a city built for poor students, everything here’s about twice as expensive as in Uppsala. After a lot of consideration I finally settled for getting a gym card at Friskis & Svettis. I went there during high-school and I didn’t really like it, but it’s definitely the cheapest alternative. And since I’m mostly into spinning these days, I wouldn’t need to attend the, in my opinion, pretty worthless aerobic sessions like I did before.

It turns out that this gym has a booking system for their classes. And what more is, it turns out that people seem to have a very great need for booking their classes in advance because pretty much ALL the spinning classes are full a week in advance. SO that means there are no classes for me to attend. This drives me insane as I’m a person who doesn’t function very well if I don’t get my daily dose of exercise. And I’ve paid quite a lot of money to be able to participate in the classes listed on the schedule, and then it comes down to me not being able to because they’re all full. I think this is almost fraud and I’m considering talking to the manager at the place and ask for my money back. However, I’m too much of a coward to actually go through with it.
That’s all for “Complaining Today” this beautiful Monday. I hope the sun will be as warm tomorrow.

Over and out!

1 kommentar:

Jen sa...

I'd ask for your money back until you can get into a spinning class. When do the sign-ups occur?